Dispute Resolution / Litigation
We provide advice on dispute resolution before civil courts, courts of arbitration, and the Supreme Administrative Court in Poland and Austria. We represent clients in all types of proceedings at all stages—from comprehensive case preparation and management, and collecting evidence and filing statements of case, to settlement negotiations and participation in proceedings, and finally, the enforcement of judgments.
We focus on complex multi-jurisdictional disputes. We have extensive experience in arbitral practice in representing international businesses for a broad range of disputes in pharmaceutical, chemical, and energy sectors as well as for complex construction contracts. We have experience in acting before major arbitral institutions under national (Polish and Austrian) as well as in ICC, UNCITRAL, and VIAC Rules. Dr Wolinska is a member of the Austrian Arbitration Association (ArbAut) and the Young Austrian Arbitration Practitioners (YAAP)
Dr Wolińska-Umschaden participated in drafting procedure of numerous publication projects in arbitration field, such as International Arbitration Yearbook. She is an author of an article about VIAC-Rules (Nowy Regulamin Wiedeński, MIDA (2013)).
Dr Wolińska-Umschaden is an arbitrator by the permanent Arbitration Court of Pomerania Bar Association.
Our services include:
- drawing up analyses and opinions on selected Polish, Austrian, EU, and international regulations on ensuring business compliance
- litigation advice in civil, criminal, and administrative court proceedings
- advice and support in establishing and running companies, especially pharmaceutical, medical, food, and cosmetics companies
- comprehensive assistance with crisis management
- compliance with medical care
Dr Wolińska-Umschaden is a co-author of Compliance Handbook (Petsche/Mair [Hrsg], Handbuch Compliance, LexisNexis (2012)).
We advise on all issues associated with the execution, termination, and performance of both domestic and international civil contracts. We particularly:
- draw up, negotiate, and issue contracts and opinions
- advise clients during contract performance
- help to identify and bring claims arising at the implementation stage
- we draft legal contracts according to the polish law
- we draft legal contracts according to the Austrian law
- we draft legal contracts in different languages, bilingual contracts, etc.
Mr Umschaden specializes in contract law, especially franchise law. He publishes regularly together with Dr Wolińska-Umschaden in that field. Their latest book about franchise law (Jahrbuch Franchising 2016/2017) has been written in cooperation with German Prof. Dr. Eckhard Flohr.
Our legal services cover:
- setting up of companies, branches, and representative offices (in Poland and in Austria)
- planning optimum capital group structures in tax and legal terms
- shareholders’ agreements
- shareholders’ disputes
- day-to-day corporate matters, including corporate secretarial work
- authorities of capital companies
- liquidation of businesses
- representing shareholders at shareholders’ meetings and general meetings
We provide our services also for private individuals.